Timothy Mark Harris will be appointed the new pastor at the historic Mount Pisgah Baptist Church in Bloomington.
Latest Local News
The McLean County Health Department has announced the county's 11th death related to COVID-19 this month. It was a woman in her 60s. She was not associated with long term care.
A Bloomington man has made it his mission to build schools in earthquake-ravaged Haiti that are more resistant to natural disasters.
Bloomington-Normal is the only metro area in Illinois that lost jobs over the last year, even as the economy re-emerges from COVID pandemic restrictions.
Central Illinois health providers will receive a $5 million chunk of $18 million in new state money to transform health care for people on Medicaid and other underserved populations. It's part of the so-called Illinois Healthcare Transformation collaborative.
The McLean County Health Department said 33 McLean County residents are hospitalized with COVID-19. That's the county's highest mark since mid-May.
- NAACP Speaker Eric Ellis Shares How To Put Aside Personal Biases And Build Relationships To Create Social Change
- Unit 5 Board OKs Budget; Looks at Historical Financial Trends
- District 87 Board OKs Budget With $3.6M Structural Deficit
- McLean County Job Seekers Weigh Pay, Health, Career Goals As Jobless Benefits Expire
- Beyond Sports: U-High Swimmer Olivia Haerr Finds 'Happy Place' Near Water
The Leadoff is WGLT's daily dose of Bloomington-Normal news, arts and culture, and music. Listen weekdays during Morning Edition or subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, Google, or NPR One.
Regional & State News