Two days before lawmakers were scheduled to adjourn for the year, one of the lead negotiators of the SAFE-T Act criminal justice reform filed a long-awaited amendment detailing several changes to the landmark cash bail overhaul.
Latest Local News
- Juvenile arrested in Normal faces murder charges in Champaign
- 'There will be chaos': McLean County lawyers prepare for new system without cash bail
- Lawmakers announce bipartisan plan to pay down remaining unemployment debt
- 'The law is complicated': McLean County courts prepare for bond reform as cash bail ends
- ISU student group hosts drag show fundraiser following Club Q shooting
- Bloomington council acts to replace HVAC systems at arena and ice center; costs could top $8M
Local Arts & Music
With a third work, Jacques Ibert’s 1956 “Hommage a Mozart,” Saturday evening's concert creates a chronology of three generations of canonical composers.
It has almost been a year since Stephen Sondheim passed away, which makes Illinois Wesleyan's production of "Sunday in the Park with George" very timely.
Our Friday night arts and entertainment series WGLT Presents returns for a new season! Listen Fridays in December and January for exciting performances from the Heartland Theatre Company, Peoria Symphony Orchestra, and many other community groups.
Regional & State News