Democrats on the McLean County Board are crying foul by Sheriff Jon Sandage over the removal of tablets that inmates can use to make phone calls, emails, and texts, and access educational content.
Latest Local News
Normal Mayor Chris Koos said Friday the town probably will seek and pay for a special census count next year because early census numbers show Normal gained only 28 people in the last decade.
Illinois State University officially dedicated its new Multicultural Center on Friday. The site includes meeting spaces for cultural events, a social justice library and reflection room. The center also will have a counselor on site.
A Unit 5 administrator hired this year to focus on educational disparities told the school board this week the district’s Equity Action Plan — approved this fall — is moving forward on several fronts.
Sydney Mays Jr. was sentenced to three life terms in prison Friday for murder in the 2018 Bloomington shooting that killed three people and left a 4-year-old boy paralyzed.
- No significant clues in newly released Jelani Day toxicology report
- Trailblazing female high school wrestler urges Unit 5 to boost support for girls wrestling
- Bloomington commission discusses issue of racial disparity
- McLean County Board delays votes on vaccine bonuses for county workers, tablet fees for jail inmates
- Bob Mould draws parallels between the 1980s AIDS crisis and today on 'Blue Hearts'
Local Arts & Music
Regional & State News