Bloomington interim Police Chief Greg Scott has announced he will retire in September as the city is in the midst of a search for a full-time police chief.
Latest Local News
Expect more arrests and jail sentences in McLean County soon. McLean County Sheriff Jon Sandage said the backlog of jail inmates sentenced to prison is shrinking. For many months, the Illinois Department of Corrections refused to take delivery of prisoners from county lockups across the state because of COVID lockdown protocols. Several state prisons suffered significant outbreaks. Sandage gave the news to the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Thursday that situation is changing.
The head of Bloomington-Normal's economic development arm said during a community briefing the economy is surging. Economic Development Council Director Patrick Hoban said during the quarterly BN By The Numbers event a labor shortage remains, but economic activity boomed as the pandemic eased..
- Rivian Raises Another $2.5 Billion In New Funding Round
- McLean County Cautions Safety During And After Flood Cleanup
- Wildfires On Both Sides Lead To Hazy But Stunning Sunsets In Central Illinois
- B-N Defendant Rejects Final Plea Offer, Setting Up Murder Trial Next Week
- Piano Teacher, Choir Director Faces Child Pornography, Rape Charges
Sound Health is a recurring series that airs twice each month on WGLT's Sound Ideas. You'll hear from Bloomington-Normal experts about health topics impacting you and your family.
Regional & State News