A piano teacher’s lewd instructions to a young female student to perform sexual acts on him were quoted by State’s Attorney Don Knapp on Monday during opening statements at the first of what is expected to be six trials on child pornography and predatory sexual assault charges for Aaron Parlier.
Latest Local News
A local organization is looking to expand its numbers as members continue giving back to the community. 100 Women for Good: Bloomington-Normal gathers 100 women to give $100 each, resulting in a total of $10,000 to donate.
Illinois’ first congressional remap draft is out but changes could be in store as lawmakers return to Springfield Tuesday for the first of their final two weeks of scheduled session in 2022.
Political scientist says congressional maps shift for Bloomington-Normal may help Democrats keep a vulnerable seatA political scientist says Illinois Democrats likely moved much of Bloomington-Normal into a new congressional district because they see one seat as vulnerable to a Republican challenge.
- New coronavirus cases increase in Unit 5 and District 87 after weeks of declines
- Beyond Sports: IWU’s Colleen Palczynski seeks to help others through racial and social justice causes
- Tussle develops over inmates' use of tablets at McLean County Jail
- Mayor Koos says Town of Normal will likely seek and pay for a special census
- McLean County Health Department chief concerned the public has stopped paying attention to COVID-19
Local Arts & Music
Regional & State News