Editor's note: This is the first of a two-part GLT series on how video gambling has played out in Central Illinois. Coming Tuesday: A deeper look at the effects of video gambling on local government budgets.
A man who fought racial injustice with lessons he learned from the segregated south, a nurse who traveled the globe to heal not just bodies - but hearts and minds, and a Bloomington-Normal power couple who worked inside and outside government are all being honored for their decades of dedication to making life better in McLean County - and beyond.
- McLean County To Choose Rodriguez As New Administrator
- Local Advocates Work To Restore Faith In Recycling
- Recovering Addict Considers Social Impact Of Gambling Expansion
- GLT Earns 7 Awards From Associated Press
- Children's Discovery Museum To Replace Medical Exhibit
- History Makers Praised For Service, Compassion, Justice