IDOT To Finish $21.6 Million In McLean County Road Projects This Year
The Illinois Department of Transportation said Wednesday seven major road and bridge projects in McLean County will be finished by the end of the year and two should wrap up later this month.
The projects are part of the $45 billion Rebuild Illinois plan lawmakers approved in 2019. The seven McLean County projects cost about $21.6 million.
“Rebuild Illinois continues to make life-changing impacts in every corner of the state, every neighborhood, town and city, Bloomington-Normal included,” Illinois Transportation Secretary Omer Osman said in a news release. “As always, please pardon our dust while we rebuild Illinois: Be patient, slow down and pay extra attention driving in and around any work zone.”
The projects include:
• Interstate 39, from 2100 North to 2200 North near Hudson. Bridge deck overlay work began last summer and is scheduled to be completed in November. One lane in both directions remains open at Hudson with a barrier wall in place.
• Veterans Parkway, from Commerce Parkway to Washington Street in Bloomington. Patching and resurfacing began in April and is scheduled for completion in November. Mostly night work will occur from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., with periodic daytime single lane closures.
• Raab Road over Interstate 55 and Interstate 74 in Normal. Bridge joint replacement and painting of structural steel began in April and is scheduled to be completed in December. Raab Road is reduced to one lane with a barrier wall and temporary traffic signals.
• Old U.S. 66, from Shirley to the Logan County line. Resurfacing began in June and is scheduled to be finished in November. Expect daily lane closures with flaggers.
• Veterans Parkway and G.E. Road in Bloomington. Bridge joint repairs began in May and are scheduled for completion in September. Veterans Parkway is reduced to two lanes north and south at Sugar Creek, north of G.E. Road.
• Interstate 55 at Funks Grove Rest Area. Bridge joint repair and deck resurfacing began in April and is scheduled to be completed in November.
• Interstate 74, from I-55 to Carlock. Pavement patching began in July and was completed by the end of the September.