The Labor Day holiday traditionally signals the end of the summer holidays. But when something ends, something else begins. Autumn is fast approaching, and the Illinois State University Horticulture Center invites the community to come out to enjoy the fruits of their harvest and engage in traditional activities of the fall.
- The Autumnal Festival is Saturday, Sept. 17 from 9 AM to 3 PM at the ISU Horticulture Center, on Raab Road in Normal.
- Jessica Chambers is the director of the Center and she revealed that they like to offer traditional autumn festival favorites, like a corn maze and corn palace, plus hayrack rides and a scarecrow decorating contest.
- Master gardeners are on hand to share tips on gardening, the Children's Discovery Museum and Normal Library will be on hand, as well.
- Chambers said the Center has had a bang up year in its pumpkin patch and has many varieties for folks to try, both for eating and for decorating.
- In addition, you can pick up corn stalks, mums, gourds and other autumn decor items.