The Friends of the Arts organization is staging an event at the Illinois State University Galleries to raise money to aid students in the ISU College of Fine Arts.
- Gala at the Gallery is Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. in the University Galleries in Uptown Normal.
- The event raises funds for scholarships and grants for students in the ISU College of Fine Arts.
- Bobbi Hynes and Stephanie Adomaitis from the Friends of the Arts said the event has art up for auction, both silent and traditional. Over 30 local artists will have their work up for auction, including Harold Gregor and Doug Johnson.
- In addition to the artwork that's available, attendees can bid on various experiences, such as an opportunity to have the Illinois State University Marching Band spell out their name on the field at Hancock Stadium or experience six months of chocolate treats delivered to their home.
- Adomaitis said the fundraiser really makes a difference in the lives of fine arts students. As an art student at ISU, she received funding that was raised by the Friends. Now, she serves on the board in an effort to give back.