The Normal Public Library offers a wide variety of adventures this summer, from those on the page to those on the stage.
- "We've moved more and more toward quality programming that families can enjoy and that they can't get anywhere else," said Meghan Rogers, the Normal Public Library's Marketing Manager. "And the activities are free."
- For babies through 6th graders, there's summer story hour and Baby Rock -- which involves a lot of bubbles -- plus an experimental book club and a chance to make clothespin puppets. And a real, live Iditarod musher will appear.
- The Illinois Shakespeare Festival offers a preview of one of their shows, "Peter and the Starcatcher."
- For teens there's the Anime Club, game Day and Blanket Fort Day, which is BYOB(lanket).
- Adults can participate in the Adults Reading Kids Stuff program