Here is a list of weather-related cancellations and schedule changes for Tuesday, Jan. 29; Wednesday, Jan. 30; and Thursday, Jan. 31. A wind chill warning went into effect Tuesday night.
You can send us more McLean County cancellations at email@example.com.
- Unit 5 - schools closed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- District 87 - schools closed Wednesday and Thursday
- University High School and Metcalf School (Illinois State University Lab Schools) - closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Bloom Community School - closed Thursday
- Central Catholic High School - closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Heyworth - closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Olympia - closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Tri-Valley - closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Illinois State University - Closed Thursday. Offices and campus buildings will be closed and locked, and classes and activities will be cancelled. Residence halls and dining centers will remain open.
- Illinois Wesleyan University - Opening late Thursday. Classes begin 9:25 a.m.
- Heartland Community College - Closed Thursday. The closure includes the Heartland locations in Normal, Pontiac and Lincoln.
- Amtrak - Canceled two of its trains on the Chicago-to-St. Louis corridor for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. That's trains 301 and 304.
COMMUNITY & GOVERNMENT
- Children's Discovery Museum - opening late Thursday (12 p.m.)
- McLean County Arts Center - closed Thursday; classes will be rescheduled.
- Social Security office, Bloomington - late start on Thursday
- Bloomington-Normal VITA free tax preparation at Heartland Community College - canceled Wednesday evening
People like you value experienced, knowledgeable and award-winning journalism that covers meaningful stories in Bloomington-Normal. To support more stories and interviews like this one, please consider making a contribution.