WGLT is committed to providing the information you need about the candidates and the issues to make an informed decision in the 2020 election.
HOW TO VOTE
NPR SPECIAL COVERAGE
NPR and WGLT will provide live, anchored special coverage of the presidential and vice-presidential debates in September and October. Coverage is from 8-10 p.m.
- Sept. 29
- Oct. 7 (vice presidential)
- Oct. 15
- Oct. 22
Listen on 89.1 FM or stream at WGLT.org.
KEY RACES & ISSUES
The WGLT Newsroom is closely following several races on the ballot in 2020.
See our broadcast schedule for this year's candidate interviews.
Constitutional amendment (graduated/progressive income tax)
- Dick Durbin (i) (Democrat)
- Mark Curran (Republican)
- Danny Malouf (Libertarian)
- David Black (Green)
- Willie Wilson (Willie Wilson Party)
- Chad Koppie (Constitution)
- Rodney Davis (i) (Republican)
- Betsy Dirksen Londrigan (Democrat)
- Darin LaHood (i) (Republican)
- George Petrilli (Democrat)
88th House District
105th House District - Candidate Forum | Video
- Kathy Yoder (i) (Republican)
- Abbi Sorrells (Democrat)
McLean County Board – Republicans currently hold a 13-7 majority. For Democrats to win control, they would have to protect two Democratic seats (George Gordon/District 6 and Carlo Robustelli/District 8) and win 4 of 5 seats now held by Republicans.
WGLT is expecting contested races in the following County Board districts:
- District 2 - Republican William Friedrich (i), Democrat Jeff Bertrand
- District 3 - Republican George Wendt (i), Democrat R.J. McCracken, Libertarian Derek Evans
- District 4 - Republican Adelita Cruz, Democrat Benjamin Webb
- District 5 - Republican John McIntyre (i), Democrat Rachael Lund, Libertarian Jo Ann Litwiller
- District 6 - Democrat Hannah Beer, Libertarian David Scarpelli
- District 7 - Republican Jacob Beard, Democrat Val Laymon, Libertarian Darin Kaeb
- District 8 - Republican Jordan Baker, Democrat Lea Cline
- District 9 - Republican Susan Schafer (i), Democrat Jackie Gunderson
(i) = denotes incumbent