What is the WGLT Friends Council?
The WGLT Friends Council is a diverse group of people from the communities we serve who value independent, public radio and who have committed time and resources to further WGLT's mission.
The main purpose of the Council is to increase the financial well being of WGLT to insure its ongoing operation. Additional activities include advocacy, and the opportunity for WGLT staff to solicit and receive advisory opinions from a group that represents community perspectives.
The WGLT Friends Council meets quarterly. Meeting minutes are available by request. Please email your request.
WGLT Friends Council Members
- Phani Aytam, State Farm Companies
- Justin M. Boyd, COUNTRY Financial Representative
- Mercy Davison, Chair, Town of Normal
- John Elterich, State Farm Companies, retired
- Denise Geske, Fox & Hounds Day Spa
- Mia Jazo-Harris, Vice-Chair, State Farm Companies
- Jennifer Keigher, Town of Normal
- Julie Kubsch, Specs Around Town
- Jean Lawyer, COUNTRY Financial, retired
- Norris Porter, The Baby Fold
- Alan Sender, Chestnut Health Systems, retired
- Jeff Woodard, McLean County Museum of History
- Cat Woods, Special Olympics of Illinois
- Heather Young, OhmFit Activewear