Prairie Fire Theater teams up with theater students from Illinois Wesleyan University to stage an original children's opera that aims to be fun as well as thought-provoking.
- Nancy Steele Brokaw is the author of "Baobob," which is set in the land of La Bella Luna, a peaceful kingdom that has growing in its very heart the Baobob tree.
- Brokaw utilizes classical music for the shows she writes, penning new lyrics to tell her stories.
- "Baobob" relates a story of ecology, asking viewers if they believe in saving trees.
- The show is on tour this month, and is scheduled to 46 performances, both in school and at the Normal Public Library and, for the first time, the Normal Theater. The public performances are free.
- The show is directed by Rhys Lovell.
People like you value experienced, knowledgeable and award-winning journalism that covers meaningful stories in Bloomington-Normal. To support more stories and interviews like this one, please consider making a contribution.