In addition to providing a public service to the community, WGLT also gives Illinois State University students an opportunity to learn alongside professional journalists through internships and paid positions.
The WGLT Scholarship ($1,500) is awarded each year to one qualifying student. Funds must be used for educational expenses. The scholarship is made possible by the Dr. Robert & Marilyn Sutherland Endowment.
Questions? Contact WGLT Program Director Mike McCurdy.
- Must be an undergraduate student and enrolled in academic good standing in the School of Communication at Illinois State University
- Must be a current or former student employee or intern at WGLT
- Must have a strong commitment to the field of broadcast journalism and demonstrated creativity, leadership and interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply
- Complete the WGLT scholarship application
- Submit a resume
- Submit a one-page essay demonstrating career goals and reflecting applicant’s interest in a career in broadcast journalism or related field
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Selection committee to include several members of WGLT’s staff
The 2020 scholarship application deadline is Jan. 31, 2020.
Send all of the above materials to:
School of Communication
Campus Box 4480
Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-4480
Incomplete applications will not be considered.