In addition to providing a public service to the community, WGLT also gives Illinois State University students an opportunity to learn alongside professional journalists through internships and paid positions.
The WGLT Scholarship is awarded each year to one qualifying student. Funds must be used for educational expenses.
Questions? Contact WGLT Program Director Mike McCurdy.
- Must be an undergraduate student and enrolled in academic good standing in the School of Communication at Illinois State University
- Must be a current or former student employee or intern at WGLT
- Must have a strong commitment to the field of broadcast journalism and demonstrated creativity, leadership and interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply
- Complete the WGLT scholarship application
- Submit a resume
- Submit a one-page essay demonstrating career goals and reflecting applicant’s interest in a career in broadcast journalism or related field
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Selection committee to include several members of WGLT’s staff
Send all of the above materials by Jan. 31, 2019, to:
School of Communication
Campus Box 4480
Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-4480
Incomplete applications will not be considered.