Winter weather cancellations: Bloomington-Normal schools close or shift to e-learning
There are several winter weather-related cancellations and scheduling changes in Bloomington-Normal as a result of this week's snowstorm.
Did we miss something? Submit more cancellations to email@example.com or on our Contact page.
- Unit 5 - E-learning days on Wednesday and Friday. No school (no e-learning) on Thursday. There will be no extra curricular activities or practices on Wednesday or Thursday, and all Unit 5 buildings will be closed.
- District 87 - closed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. No e-learning activities for students on these days.
- Illinois State University - all classes canceled (including virtual) Wednesday and Thursday.
- Bloom Community School - closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (traditional snow days).
- Bradley University - classes will be remote on Wednesday.
- Eureka College - closed on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Heartland Head Start - all sites closed on Wednesday and Thursday,
- Heartland Community College - all campuses are closed Wednesday and Thursday. The Pontiac campus will remain closed on Friday.
- Illinois State University Lab schools Thomas Metcalf School and University High School will be closed on Friday. (No remote learning)
- Illinois Wesleyan University - will move all classes and campus operations to remote on Wednesday and Thursday.
- LeRoy - remote learning days on Wednesday and Thursday. Decision on Friday expected by 6 p.m. Thursday.
- Lexington - E-learning days on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Olympia - Wednesday will be remote learning day. Thursday is a traditional snow day (no learning). There will be no extra curricular activities or practices on Wednesday or Thursday, and all Olympia buildings will be closed.
- Tri-Valley (Downs) - E-learning days on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Amtrak's Lincoln Service (between Chicago and St. Louis) - canceled Wednesday and Thursday.
- Connect Transit has suspended all transportation services on Wednesday.
- Show Bus will not run any routes on Wednesday.
- Illinois Wesleyan University men's basketball game against North Park scheduled for Wednesday has been postponed to Monday.
- City of Bloomington - City offices are closed Wednesday and Thursday. Planning Commission meeting on Wednesday and Public Safety and Community Relations Board (PSCRB) meeting on Thursday are postponed.
- All McLean County Government buildings, including the McLean County Law & Justice Center (Courthouse), will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. Any scheduled McLean County appointments, including court proceedings, will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Town of Normal offices will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. The town will not collect garbage and recycling on Wednesday (Those will be collected on Thursday). The town will also not collect brush and bulk waste from Wednesday to Friday.
- Ferrero Bloomington will be closed until 5 a.m. Friday.
- Children's Discovery Museum - closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- COVID-19 testing site at Interstate Center - closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Easterseals Central Illinois - Bloomington and Peoria offices closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Life Center for Independent Living - closed on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Marcfirst in Normal will remain closed through Friday, while the Gregg Chadwick Marcfirst Pediatric Therapy Center will reopen Friday.
- McLean County Museum of History - closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Mid-Central Community Action - closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Normal Public Library - closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- OSF OnCall Urgent Care at 508 N. IAA Drive is closed (all other locations are open). OSF PromptCare at Nord Farms, OSF Rehabilitation at Fort Jesse, OSF Medical Group College Avenue Lab, OSF Medical Group College Avenue Family Practice, OSF Anticoagulation Clinic, OSF Medical Group Primary Care in El Paso and the outpatient lab at OSF St. Joseph are closed Wednesday.
- Salvation Army food pantry - closed Wednesday.
- McLean County Center for Human Services closed Wednesday and Thursday though crisis services are available
- VA Illiana Health Care System outpatient clinic in Bloomington closed from 2 p.m. Wednesday through Thursday.
We depend on your support to keep telling stories like this one. You – together with NPR donors across the country – create a more informed public. Fact by fact, story by story. Please take a moment to donate now and fund the local news our community needs. Your support truly makes a difference.