Concerns about the coronavirus in Bloomington-Normal have led to several canceled or rescheduled events, plus other closures and changes. See our updated list below.
Did we miss something? Submit your own schedule changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All schools (public and private) in Illinois will be closed March 17 through March 30.
- Illinois State University - online classes for the rest of the spring semester; spring and summer 2020 in-person commencements cancelled and moved online.
- Heartland Community College - online classes for rest of spring semester; spring 2020 in-person commencement cancelled and moved online.
- Illinois Wesleyan University - online classes for rest of spring semester and May Term.
- Lincoln College - online classes from at least March 23 through April 3.
- All Missouri Valley Conference athletic competition, through end of 2019-20 academic year
- All McLean County Chamber of Commerce events, through April 3
- Eastland Mall Easter Bunny photos
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Bloomington-Normal - online-only services for March 22 and 29
- Eleventh Judicial Circuit (including McLean County) - emergency order in effect
- Child Abuse Prevention Month kickoff, March 30
- All Illinois Symphony Orchestra events are postponed or canceled through June 6.
- Cogs and Corsets: A Central Illinois Steampunk Happening, June 5-7
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival 2020 season
- Normal Theater, through March 30
- Bloomington Public Library, until further notice
- Normal Public Library, until further notice
- Children's Discovery Museum, through March 30
- Life Center for Independent Living (LIFE CIL) offices in Bloomington and Pontiac, closed March 17-31
- McLean County Museum of History and Cruisin' with Lincoln on 66 Visitors Center, through at least April 5
- Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts (BCPA), through May 1
- McLean County Democratic Party HQ, closed through April 15
- Bloomington's Senior and SOAR programs (through the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts department) will be closed through April 12. This includes the Senior Center in Miller Park.
- Illinois Secretary of State driver services facilies closed through March 31.
- Town of Normal self-service recycling drop-off facility is closed until further notice.
- VA Illiana Health Care System has restricted all visitors from its outpatient clinics in Bloomington, Decatur, Mattoon, Springfield and Peoria along with its main facility in Danville unless it is necessary for providing medical care or for a grave illness or imminent death of a family member receiving care at the facility.
- 1st Floor of Uptown Station, starting 6:30 AM March 21
- Harmony Park, located within Rollingbrook Park in Bloomington, until further notice
- Home Sweet Home Mission Mart, permanently
- Activity and Recreation Center (ARC) in Normal. Programs suspended until further notice.
- Bloomington-Normal VITA income tax preparation services - suspended through March 29.
- Home Sweet Home Ministries Bread for Life Food Co-op
- Ecology Action Center - all April events celebrating the 50th anniversary of Earth Day are postponed until further notice. Appointments for EAC energy audit services are being postponed for a month.
- Guns and Hoses charity hockey game (Bloomington Police and Fire departments) - rescheduled for April 17 at 6:30 p.m.
- Casting Crowns concert at Grossinger Motors Arena rescheduled for Oct. 2.