An East Peoria man was fatally electrocuted in an accident involving a bucket truck on Saturday.
Tazewell County Coroner Charles Hanley said East Peoria firefighters and Tazewell County Sheriff's deputies responded to the 300 block of Terminal Road in rural East Peoria just before 11 a.m Saturday to find a tree-trimming bucket truck on fire after it touched an overhead electrical wire.
Emergency responders were unable to reach a man lying on the ground near the truck because the active power line was still touching the truck. Once Ameren shut off power, emergency responders were able to reach the man.
Gordon Sweatt, 62, of East Peoria, was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy confirmed Sweatt died from electrocution.