The Peoria Riverfront Museum is sending visitors to the moon and beyond this summer with a new exhibit that allows them to experience life as a space explorer.
- The exhibit, "Be An Astronaut" was designed with the help of NASA's Langley Research Center.
- Visitors can take part in several missions, such as visiting the moon, Mars or Jupiter. The missions are fictional, but are completely plausible, and include current NASA technology.
- The designers of the exhibit used video game technology to draw in visitors, so it's fun, as well as educational.
- In addition to the whiz-bang technology, there's traditional museum exhibit components, including vintage space toys, plus space suits that were actually on the moon.
- The exhibit is for kids and grownups.