Evergreen Memorial Cemetery in Bloomington and Cargill have teamed up to host the American Veterans Traveling Tribute Vietnam Wall August 24 - 28. The wall will be on display at Evergreen along with other historical displays.
- Tina Crow, director of Evergreen Memorial Cemetery, said this particular memorial wall is an 80% replica of the original Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington D.C.
- It's hoped that the wall contributes to the healing process for veterans and their families.
- Wall rubbings will not only be allowed, but encouraged, with materials for rubbings offered at the display site.
- For those who want to leave a token at the wall, Crow said that's allowed.
- Also on display will be the Agent Orange Quilt of Tears and the Eyes of Freedom mural.
- The Wall will be escorted to Evergreen on the 24th, and each evening after at 6 will include a ceremony.