The WGLT Hall of Fame was established in 2018 to recognize those who have made contributions integral to the station's ongoing excellence in public service to the Illinois State University, Bloomington-Normal and McLean County communities.
Meet the 2018 Class
Learn more about our 2018 Hall of Fame inductees and how they've shaped WGLT.
- Gilbert "Delta" Frank Black
- Kathryn Carter
- Don Munson
- Ben Paxton
- Ralph Smith
- Robert and Marilyn Sutherland
The inaugural Alumni Award recipient is Brendan Banaszak.
The Selection Committee consists of:
- School of Communication chair
- WGLT general manager (committee chair)
- WGLT program director
- WGLT development director
- Chair of WGLT's Friends Council
- Two "at large" staffers appointed by GM annually
Nominees require 5 of 7 votes for election to the WGLT Hall of Fame.
Nominations may be made by any current WGLT full or part-time staff member or Friends Council member, while committee members should endeavor to nominate at least two people annually. Nominations will be accepted annually during July and August each year, with vote/selection to be made in September. Honorees will be announced in October (pegged to Illinois State's Homecoming week) and will be acknowledged at the Radio Faces dinner and in the WGLT annual report, and will be recognized in a permanent physical display at WGLT and WGLT.org.
Current WGLT staff, including full and part-time employees and volunteers, are ineligible for nomination and election unless approved unanimously by the committee. Nominations and committee vote totals will not be made public. Unsuccessful nominees will remain eligible for future selection.
Hall of Fame Categories include:
- Administrators (Illinois State University and academic administrators and WGLT management)
- On-air personalities
- Staff (not on-air)
- Contributors and volunteers (financial contributors, corporate underwriters, other donors, and volunteers)
Outstanding Alumnus Award
Separate from the WGLT Hall of Fame, this honor will be awarded annually to a former WGLT student worker or intern who has gone on to success as a professional and as a citizen.