The ParkLands Foundation is hosting an open house event to highlight the delights of Letcher Basin.
- The event is Sunday, June 3, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Visitors can explore Letcher Basin in the Mackinaw River watershed in Woodford County.
- You can learn about prairie plants, river critters, various birds and more.
- Lincoln scholar Guy Fraker will explain the connection Abraham Lincoln had to Letcher Basin.
- Visitors will have a chance to learn about volunteer opportunities with the ParkLands Foundation.
- There's plenty of children's activities, too.
- Please wear sunscreen and bug spray, along with long, light trousers and hiking shoes. No sandals, dogs or baby carriages.
- Feel free to bring binoculars, a camera and a picnic lunch to enjoy the day.
People like you value experienced, knowledgeable and award-winning journalism that covers meaningful stories in Bloomington-Normal. To support more stories and interviews like this one, please consider making a contribution.