GLT Datebook: Sound Of Illinois Chorus Celebrates Diamond Anniversary
The stalwart men's A Capella group, The Sound of Illinois Chorus, marks its 75th anniversary with a concert at the BCPA.
- The concert is Saturday, March 11 at 2 and 7 PM at the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts
- The group was one of the first to form as part of the Barbershop Harmony Society 75 years ago.
- Kevin McClelland, a baritone in the group attributed the group's longevity to great leadership through the years.
- All men who are interested in singing and comraderie are welcome to join the group. They meet Tuesday nights for a couple of hours at Second Presbyterian Church in Bloomington.
- Youth outreach is important to the group to pass on the love of singing. The Youth in Harmony Festival occurs each year to introduce young people to harmony singing.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.