GLT Datebook: Condensed Shakespeare Is Full-Sized Fun
Community Players in Bloomington takes 37 Shakespeare plays, adds three actors, a little audience participation and comes up with a hilarious romp for a cold, winter's night.
- "The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged)" stars Dave Montague, Chris Stevenson and Missy Freese.
- Brett Cottone is the director.
- The play was originally written in 1987 and has won over audiences worldwide.
- The show combines scripted material with improvisation. Freese says this is her big chance to portray Hamlet, while Stevenson plays most of the female roles in the production.
- The show opens with a preview night on Jan. 11, then runs through Jan. 21. Evening performances are at 7 p.m. Sunday matinees are at 2 p.m.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.