Uptown Normal hosts not-your-average harvest festival, Saturday and Sunday, August 27 & 28. It's the Sweet Corn Blues Festival, featuring over 20 tons of fresh sweet corn and two days of live blues on the CEFCU stage.
- Joe Tulley, Uptown Manager for the Town of Normal said the festival is designed to be a down home citizen oriented event.
- The corn is available fresh cooked and slathered in butter, or you can grab a bag of ears to take home and cook. The corn is picked fresh the morning of the festival, which is 10 to 5 on Saturday and 11 to 4 on Sunday.
- There's a drive-up area on Broadway so you don't even have to park your car to pick up some fresh sweet corn.
- Valet bike parking is available for cyclists.
- Sunday features a corn eating contest, with separate contests for adults and kids.